The Social & Civic Action programs are a collaboration of various committees that oversees the chapters’ active participation in social and civic programs that are designed for the betterment of the communities, and its residents in the City of Los Angeles that are consistent with the goals and objectives of the Fraternity.
The Public Affairs and Community Service Committees’ seek to provide speakers in the interest of maintaining fraternity awareness of the greater Los Angeles community and promote the welfare of humanity and serve in the public interest by actively supporting and providing services to those in need.
Some of the activities supported by our Public Affairs and Community Service efforts are:
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank food sorting
- 118th Street Elementary School Beautification Project
- Neighborhood Housing Service Compton Block Clean Up
- Sponsoring local Political Candidate Forums
- Hands of Mercy Bi-annual Home Build Project
- March of Dimes Annual Walk-a-thon
- Organizing Voter Registration Drives
- Heal the Bay Clean Up Projects
- UNCF Annual Walk
- Encouraging residents to serve as Delegates in the Election process
- Earth Day Habitat Restoration Project
- Susan G. Komen Ride for the Cure
- Franklin Canyon Forest Clean Up
- Toys for Tots
- Los Angeles Urban League Clothing Drive
The Program and Health & Welfare Committees’ initiative is plan, develop and promote varied and interesting social activities for chapter members only, and some that are open to the public with the goal of bringing brothers together socially, and continue to foster the bond of Kappa. In addition to events that promote the brotherhood the Health & Welfare Committee seeks to provide health and wellness information for the membership, their families and the surrounding communities.
Some of the activities supported by our Program and Health & Welfare efforts are:
- 1st Friday Social Mixer
- Kappa Kristmas Party
- Game Night at the Kastle
- Kappa Lounge Social Mixer
- Los Angeles Alumni Art Show
- Lefty Williams Kappa Kookout
- Nutritional Newsletter Information
- Karaoke Night with the LA Nupes
- An Evening at the LA Music Center
- American Heart Association Fun Run
- Prostate Cancer Screening and Education
- Ulysses Griggs Jr. Blood Donor Drive sponsored by Children’s Hospital
For additional information contact the committee chairman for the Public Affairs or Program Committee.